Photo Gallery.

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

And here's one showing tails! :D

Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I was trying to tactfully check to see if you thought the cave was the right size was all ;)

I'd say that's a very nice little male zebra btw.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers Barbie, I knew what you were getting at. It was about 2 days after I made the caves that I found out they were the wrong dimensions.

Hey McEve, there's some real hanky panky going on there, I can see that your cave is a lot smaller than mine.

As I see it I've got one of 2 options, either build new caves or fatten up the zebras to fit the caves. I'm going with option 2. :lol:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote: As I see it I've got one of 2 options, either build new caves or fatten up the zebras to fit the caves. I'm going with option 2. :lol:
There's a third option as well :D The guy that made mine is selling them for £6, and they come with a spawning guarantee LOL So far the guarantee is holding quite good, he's "world famous in Norway" :P for his caves. (he's making them in different sizes depending on what kind of catfish you want them for) Let me know if you want his E-mail, they are not heavy so it wouldn't be expensive to ship them in the mail :)

I got a picture of my babies in their cave yesterday, it's starting to look like real fish now! Babies hiding
Adam

Post by Adam »

McEve, PM me his details if you don't mind. I might just get some ready made ones, I don't fancy losing any more fingers. :lol:

If I pluck up the courage or find the time I may well make some more, working with the natural slate is difficult as it splinters easily.

If you don't mind sharing, what are the internal dimensions of your caves :?:

Thanks.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

The caves are approximately 4,0 cm x 3,2 cm x 15 cm (internal dimentions 3,2cm x 2,2 cm x 14,5 cm) They do vary a bit in size, which is right, as the fish would pick the cave that fits it's own size the best.

I'll just check with him to see if it's ok that I give his E-mail, just in case. I'm sure he'll be only too happy to make some for you, but better safe than sorry :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks McEve,

I feel a session of finger mashing and slate splitting coming on. :lol:

Oh by the way don't any body try this indoors. I ended up with a huge browny grey coloured slick that I hadn't noticed the electric tile cutter was spewing out on the kitchen floor, luckily the Mrs was out at the time.
dr_gribb

Post by dr_gribb »

McEve wrote:
Adam wrote: As I see it I've got one of 2 options, either build new caves or fatten up the zebras to fit the caves. I'm going with option 2. :lol:
There's a third option as well :D The guy that made mine is selling them for £6, and they come with a spawning guarantee LOL So far the guarantee is holding quite good, he's "world famous in Norway" :P for his caves. (he's making them in different sizes depending on what kind of catfish you want them for) Let me know if you want his E-mail, they are not heavy so it wouldn't be expensive to ship them in the mail :)

I got a picture of my babies in their cave yesterday, it's starting to look like real fish now! Babies hiding
Slate spawning caves with a spawning guarantee LOL!! I have tested several different sizes and found a match for L046 and Ancistrus Sp.

I have so far been sending them nation wide in Norway. There shouldn’t bee a problem to ship abroad...

Response on the effectiveness of the caves has stunned me! I have 2-3 reported L046 spawns and several more Ancistrus Sp spawns.

Last edited by dr_gribb on Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

All done mate

Excellent looking caves.

rob :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

dr_gribb wrote:I have so far been sending them nation wide in Norway. There shouldn’t bee a problem to ship abroad...
This is the man to talk to if you want caves Adam :D
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks McEve,

I shall bear him in mind, I may still have another crack at making some new ones. At least I have the right measurements this time and from someone who has bred zebras, can't go wrong really. :D
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

adam. what are those bronze color deposits on the slate? is that stuff safe?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Duma,

Good question, I had wondered that myself. This stuff is natural slate purchased from my LFS so it should be ok. There is another type of slate that is grey in colour that doesn't have the deposits but I went with the natural stuff. The slate has been in the aquarium for over 2 months and doesn't appear to have affected the fish in anyway. As a guess I would say that the colouring is down to mineral deposits.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

HI

AS far as I am aware the borwn is basically rust from small amounts of iron ore within the slate itself. Not aproblem as long as it isn't in HUGE amounts.

I have teh dame thing on some of my caves, it is very difficult to get away from it.

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
forumadmin
Site Admin

Photos

Post by forumadmin »

I have now added the ability to show existing images using BBCode.

The engine on which this BB is pased (phpBB) does not currently support 'Live' storing of amages. When the next release is available and we have upgraded, thsi will be allowed.

Thanks