Keeping the eggs and fry clean

If you don't mind sharing them in order to keep these little critters breeding in captivity, chuck your hints and tips this way!

thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

true on the last part and who knows how they survive in the wild but trimming ever 6 months or so is highly recomended and in most/all cases necasary go ask the people on the puffer forum they are the experts when it comes to puffs
Thebuddy is planning his tank
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

As McEve stated, Lets get this back on topic.
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

what was the topic :lol:
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

That was your cue to figure that out, obviously ;). If all else fails, you can actually try reading the thread you're posting in.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

gasp you mean go back and reread stuff :shock:

ill be right back....
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

o yes using snails to keep eggs clean is genuis in my opion becuase i know nothing of the matter :lol:
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

thebuddy, do you realize that every post you make uses bandwidth that Rob then has to pay for? While I appreciate your enthusiasm, the point in all of this has been that these posts sidetrack the conversation and don't actually provide any additional information for people that then try to use the threads to educate themselves, rather than just posting new questions on the board and forcing us all to go through the same discussion again.

Padding your post count with inane posts, 3 posts in a row, rather than editting the first one and what not don't help your cause, nor does criticizing the board for not having enough traffic, IMO. The board is for specialty discussion by a very small (comparatively) group of people in a very large hobby that are interested in perpetuating zebra pleco breeding. For a specialty board that has only been up as long as it has, and with probably 2/3 of the registered members just looking for zebras, not actually working with them yet, the traffic is quite brisk, IMO.

All in all, we try to keep the atmosphere of the board to a warm community feeling where people are comfortable posting their questions and trusting the information they are given. Would you please try to keep that in mind? Thanks!

Barbie
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

bristlenose plecos work well for me I know puffers will clean the eggs including the yolk plus the shell buddy when the time comes when rob wants to add a puffer section on this forum I will be voting for you, in the weeks time you have joined the forum you have raked in 72 post maybe you should try reading the old post or try using the search button instead of just typing away, here some hints and tips it's that big bold blue letters that says SEARCH on it.

Good Luck on your quest for knowledge
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

aculy i used search button to find this page just now i was using most resent posts but i messed up somthing....

my idea on old topics is that there OLD i want to know what the current populatoin thinks people use to feed these guys algae now we know thats not very good advice anymore

and to stay on topic
youve seen puffs keep the eggs clean? i cant realy beilive that me puffs attack eacother and eat eacothers eggs and in general dont make good parents
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

my idea on old topics is that there OLD i want to know what the current population thinks people use to feed these guys algae now we know that's not very good advice anymore
Thebuddy, just because a topic is written a while ago does not mean it does not include valuable information, hence the fact that this is a "Resource".
Zebra046 is giving you some good advice here, please take the time out to learn with what is here. If you then cannot get answers then feel free to contribute.
youve seen puffs keep the eggs clean? i cant realy beilive that me puffs attack eacother and eat eacothers eggs and in general dont make good parents
Please read the following. Zebra046 said:
I know puffers will clean the eggs including the yolk plus the shell
What Zebra046 is saying is that the puffers will eat everything. This is what we Brits call sarcasm.
Definition of Sarcasm:Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, a situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous manner and sometimes expressed through particular vocal intonations. Sarcasm is often expressed in ironical statements. It can sometimes be the sincerest form of discourse for the emotionally fragile. This is often done by simply over-emphasizing the actual statement, or particular words of it.
Thebuddy, almost every post you have made on this forum is turning into an Argument, please try and "enjoy" the forum.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

wow i NEVER use sarcasm and am NOT good at noticing it
no serously i tend to not notice that when it comes to fish

and arnt arguments also debates which are a good way to give your opion (dang i need a dabate class in school)

PS i enjoy arguments go figure i just do

and to stay on topic dadadada
do apple snails clean eggs or do thye just eat them becuase the eggs are puny compared to the snails
and do malysian trumpet snails clean eggs

im not wasting bandwith by editing
somone awnser my questoin i realy do wish to know wether apple snails can be used for the same reason
Last edited by thebuddy on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The point to Rob's post "thebuddy" is that you're about to enjoy a not so fun filled vacation from the forum for a week if you can't learn to self moderate yourself. Discussion and argument are two entirely different things. Until you can figure out that difference, the rest of us have very few choices with how to deal with you. A time out will be the result if you keep up with your current posting style. Do I make myself clear? There's absolutely no sarcasm in my post here, in case you couldn't tell.

Actually READING the entire post you're posting in is advisable. If you don't understand for sure what's being said, ask for clarification, or read it again. Punctuation and spell check are your friend. Use them.

You've already been told that the forum has been up for less than a year. Quite obviously in that time it's already been well known that zebras don't eat algae. This is a board for people focussing on zebras. If you have questions, search for the answers. They are there. "Old" is relative and you really do waste our time discussing exactly the same questions and topics that have already been covered.

Start making an effort or you're going to be stopped from being allowed to be an annoyance. Got it?

Barbie