night vision camera

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

du ma
Obsessed!!

night vision camera

Post by du ma »

I just bought this night vision security camera to spy on my fish
http://www.business-home-security.com/s ... SG6153.asp
will the infrared radiation harm the fish from long term use?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I have first hand experience with IR camera, having the same intentions as you have.

It will be alright if you place it away from the fish' caves, just below the surface (if you plan to keep it in the tank) or otherwise not pointing in to their caves.

Zebras can see IR light!

I freaked my alpha right out, and it's only now a year later that he's started spawning again, and without success! He used to be the perfect dad!

So... use with caution.
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

thanks for the warning McEve
i am going to return it now....:oops:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It will be alright as long as you put the camera up in one corner for an overveiw of the tank. The mistake I did was to put it in front of the alphas cave...

You'll still get some interesting shots of how they behave at night if you only keep the camera at a distance :D

I packed mine away though...
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

i used it on another tank with my L114s and other plecs, they didnt seem to appreciate it.

And i dont want to used it on the zebras since they are just getting started. i dont want to ruin things.